1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 24, 2008 11:40 AM by ntsiii

Selective Item Renderer/Editors

ANewFlexUser Level 1
      One of my current projects for work involves building a Flex screen for data entry through a Data Grid. It's a financial screen, so all sorts of lovely display issues arrise. Through the use of implicit getters/setters, I have all my data formatted with commas, and through a TextInput editor, I have the users locked out from all non-numeric characters.

The problem arrises when it comes to indicating which cells in the DataGrid Column are editable; in several columns, only certain cells are editable. Through an event listener and event.PreventDefault, I've locked the users out of all the 'don't touch' areas, so to speak, but the screen is a little confusing. It's hard to tell, outside of randomly clicking, which cells you *can* edit.

My intial reaction was to set the font on all the editable cells to bold, but I don't know of a way to do that to only part of the cells in a column. I have a feeling it has something to do with the ItemRenderer property, but I've never tried to do anything other than a renderer that applied to the entire column equally before.

Any ideas on how to tackle this problem/where to look for example solutions?

Thanks!