7 Replies Latest reply on Jul 8, 2009 10:56 PM by [scott]

unusual erraser

miml

Hi everyone,

I am an illustrator beginner, would you guys tell me why my erraser tool is same as a pen tool with strike?? but i just wanna get rid of those unwanted lines.... How can i reset the normal erraser?

i attached the image with messive erraser lines..

Thanks!!

• 1. Re: unusual erraser
          [scott] Level 6

Are you certain you are using the Eraser Tool and not the Blob Brush?

The only way to mimic your attachment with the Eraser Tool is to have an object which has a white fill and a black stroke, then erase the interior of it.

Whereas with the blob Brush, you can simply draw similar shapes with a white fill and black stroke.

You need to describe what you are doing better.

• 2. Re: unusual erraser
            miml Level 1

Im sure that i was using Eraser tool, and i tired to change white color of strike aswell, but it still doesnt work probably.. i guess i clicked something else before, and i dont really know it.. that is why previously it was working fine, however not now...

• 3. Re: unusual erraser
              Judy_Arndt Level 3

Are you viewing your artwork in Outline mode? Select View>Preview (or Cmd+Y) to change view mode.

• 4. Re: unusual erraser
                Wade_Zimmerman Level 6

ScottWeichert wrote:

Are you certain you are using the Eraser Tool and not the Blob Brush?

What it looks like to me is that they have a large rectangle with a fill of either none or white and a stroke of say 1 point they are erasing the interior of the
                rectangle as such. There is nothing wrong with the behavior but the user understanding of it.

Picture 7.png

If the fill was balck or another color as such the user would see it is doing what is is supposed to do.

Picture 8.png

• 5. Re: unusual erraser
                  miml Level 1

Yea, it seems like that..but i tried many times to set no-color for the stroke and white color for the fill... however...

i'd better attach my illustrator file for you guys...  you can try to use eraser tool to erase the image that i attached.. then u would see the problems~

thanks!

Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2009 22:19:12 -0600

To: nicoleye0604@hotmail.com

Subject: unusual erraser

• 6. Re: unusual erraser
                    miml Level 1

no.. and i tried to change view mode...still not working ..

Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2009 17:49:28 -0600

To: nicoleye0604@hotmail.com

Subject: unusual erraser

Are you viewing your artwork in Outline mode? Select View>Preview (or Cmd+Y) to change view mode.

>

• 7. Re: unusual erraser
                      [scott] Level 6

You have a stroke on the rectangle... the stroke is just following the edges of the object, like it's supposed to.

1 person found this helpful