1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 8, 2009 10:15 AM by adobe_paul

Adobe Air on Windows Mobile 5.0

prajor

Hello,

Are Air Apps supported in Windows Mobile, Palm OS and Symbian ?  If yes what needs to be done to install them on these platforms ? Is Flashlite sufficient ?

Also, is there a automatic online/offline synchronization mechanism between server and disconnected databases ? Or does it have to be explicitely coded ?

Thanks,

Prajor.

• 1. Re: Adobe Air on Windows Mobile 5.0
          adobe_paul Adobe Employee

Are Air Apps supported in Windows Mobile, Palm OS and Symbian ?  If yes what needs to be done to install them on these platforms ? Is Flashlite sufficient ?

No, AIR is not supported on mobile operating systems right now. Adobe has publicly demonstrated Flash Player 10 running on some of these mobile device operating systems (WinMo and I think Symbian), and Palm recently signed on to the Open Screen Project.

Also, is there a automatic online/offline synchronization mechanism between server and disconnected databases ? Or does it have to be explicitely coded ?

There is nothing built into AIR for online/offline database synchronization. I believe Adobe LiveCycle Data Services has some tools for supporting that, but I don't know much more beyond that.