3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 9, 2009 6:03 AM by churlbu

Import Web Service not creating all objects in wsdl

churlbu

I'm trying to use the Import Web Service option to create web service objects and I'm having an issue with not all of the objects being created.  I'm pointing to a wsdl link created by Axis2 version 1.3.  It seems to create all the objects in the wsdl except the response objects.  I've read it will create all complex types, which the response objects are.  Because of this, we are having an issue with result handler in the generated code casting the response from the server as an Array which doesn't work when a single instance is returned.  I can change the generated code but I really don't wat to have to do that.  Has anyone else seen this problem?

I believe this may have something to do with the wsdl generated by Axis2 because another team in my building is using jboss-ws and they are not having any problem.  The code generated for them includes the response objects and therefore the cast in the result handler is to that response object (which extends ArrayCollection).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Chuck

Message was edited by: churlbu Added the wsdl file.  The complex type getStringsResponse is not being generated as an action script class.

• 1. Re: Import Web Service not creating all objects in wsdl
          churlbu Level 1

OK, I'm starting to get a complex!  I've posted to the Adobe Flex forums 3 or 4 times now and have only had a reply once!  I know these forums are monitored by Adobe folks.  I can't believe nobody has a suggestion or some kind of pointer.

Thanks,

Chuck

• 2. Re: Import Web Service not creating all objects in wsdl
            Gus187

Hi Chuck,

As far as I know flex has issues working with xFire or Axis (I can't remember which one is actually) maybe this is the reason why the other team has no problems... either way, this might also help

From the Flex Docs (Using WebService component)

The Flex web service API generally supports Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP) 1.1, XML Schema 1.0 (versions 1999, 2000, and 2001), and WSDL 1.1 RPC-encoded, RPC-literal, and document-literal (bare and wrapped style parameters). The two most common types of web services use remote procedure call (RPC) encoded or document-literal SOAP bindings; the terms encoded and literal indicate the type of WSDL-to-SOAP mapping that a service uses.

try playing with those properties to see if you've got any luck

HTH

Gus