4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 30, 2008 12:02 AM by Brian Stew

Playing Director Movies On A DVD Player?

chaosmyway
      Hello I have a Director 11 movie that I would like to be able to load onto a DVD to be played on a DVD player and viewed on my television. Is there a tutorial that can show me how to do this? Is there any special lingo that has to be entered? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
        • 1. Re: Playing Director Movies On A DVD Player?
          Level 7
          Short of exporting your Director file to video and encoding it for DVD,
          you can't. Perhaps you're confused about Director's ability to interact
          with and control a DVD video disc in the drive of a computer.

Director is *not* compatible with consumer set-top DVD players.
          • 2. Re: Playing Director Movies On A DVD Player?
            Level 7
            Director movies can not be played on a DVD player. You need DVD
            authoring software to make video that plays on a DVD player.

Director movies require either the Windows or Mac operating system,
            along with on of the various flavors of the Director player.

chaosmyway wrote:
            > Hello I have a Director 11 movie that I would like to be able to load onto a
            > DVD to be played on a DVD player and viewed on my television. Is there a
            > tutorial that can show me how to do this? Is there any special lingo that has
            > to be entered? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
            >
            • 3. Re: Playing Director Movies On A DVD Player?
              Level 7
              Another point of confusion for some people is the fact that Director
              movies can be stored on a DVD data disc, which of course is an entirely
              different format than a DVD video disk.
              • 4. Re: Playing Director Movies On A DVD Player?
                Brian Stew Level 2
                A big new feature of MX (?) was Director's ability to use the DVD video format (i.e. that flavor of MPEG2). That triggered a lot of confusion. It's a neat feature of course. For a TV production facility it's great to use the same files for distribution on domestic DVD discs and computer discs; not having to render to two different formats. I have some discs with Adobe tutorials made by Total training which use the DVD format (more correctly MPEG2!) wrapped in a Director made interface, and it works really well. It loads additional up to date Html content on the fly etc.