5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 8, 2009 2:21 PM by Paul_LS

Saving HD to PC, the best way?

rtprtp Level 1

Hello all,

WHat is the best way to save and view my PE7 edited program so I can see it in HD on my computer? AVI?

Thanks, Stan

• 1. Re: Saving HD to PC, the best way?
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Stan,

To be able to view your movie, you will need to Share/Export it. For HD material, you'll probably be best with either MPEG or H.264 in MP4 wrapper. One can also choose one of the HD WMV formats/COCEC's. Your choices may well depend on the file size that you are comfortable with, and the player(s) that you have available on your computer.

The Project file, itself, contains no media and thus cannot be viewed, only used by PE, so long as the original media files are available.

What are the Project Presets that you have used?

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Saving HD to PC, the best way?
            Paul_LS Level 4

Either as MPEG2 or WMV.

For WMV just go to Share>Personal Computer>Windows Media. NOTE... you need to scroll down the options to see Windows Media. Then in the presets you can choose HD 1080i or HD 720p.

For MPEG2 go Share>Personal Computer>MPEG2 and select the 1080i or 720p preset.

If viewing on a computer you will need to set the media player to deinterlace the interlaced footage if you export as 1080i. If 720p progressive then it should be fine.

• 3. Re: Saving HD to PC, the best way?
              Ed.Macke Level 3
              If viewing on a computer you will need to set the media player to deinterlace the interlaced footage

OK, stupid question... how do you do that?

I've tried playing interlaced DV-AVIs on my PC and could not find a way to tell any of my media players to de-interlace it.

• 4. Re: Saving HD to PC, the best way?
                rtprtp Level 1

Paul, I did 1080i and it worked great. I did not need to do the deinterlace thing to WMP. It played automatically.

One more question if you don't mind. How do I upload this to my Youtube account in HD? I tried to do it from PE7, but I only got standard def.

I truely appreciate all the help from this board!!

Stan

• 5. Re: Saving HD to PC, the best way?
                  Paul_LS Level 4

Yes, and answering Ed's question, most media players should deinterlace interlaced footage when played on a computer. Some have deinterlace as an option, or you can select the deinterlace method, VLC for example and PowerDVD.

Regarding uploading to YouTube... I guess you would need to upload it manually nor via PE7. There is a FAQ on YouTube and it gives a formula for HD .mov format if you wanted to load this format.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/390608?tstart=0