5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 8, 2009 4:22 PM by the_wine_snob

Sharp Pictures for Slide Show

X-Gino-X

I am trying to use Premiere Elemments to create a slide show from pictures taken with a digital camera. When I import the pictures they are clear and sharp - the same way they appear when I view them individually using other tools. When I put them together is a show they all lose the sharpness. FYI, I have the same results with several other "movie makers."  Am I using the right tools? Is there a fix for this "problem," some where in this 500M program?

Rich, a.k.a., X-Gino-X

• 1. Re: Sharp Pictures for Slide Show
          the_wine_snob Level 9

This ARTICLE in the FAQ will give you a good starting point.

Let us know if it helps.

Good luck,

Hunt

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Sharp Pictures for Slide Show
            X-Gino-X Level 1

Thanks, this is helpful.  Now at least, I understand why none of these programs is giving me the results I am looking for. Now, how do I resize my photos to try this out?  FYI, I just tried Power Point and have all the original quality without the added step. Of course Power Point doesn't have all the features I am looking for, but I was able to do most everything I wanted in a very short time.  I am certain that Power Point isn't converting the data to a video format and I won't be able to write the output to a DVD, but I will be able to show Slide Shows using my computer to drive my HD TV.

Thanks again,

Rich

• 3. Re: Sharp Pictures for Slide Show
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Check out this ARTICLE in the Tips & Tricks sub-forum. This is how I do it. There could well be other workflows, using other image processing programs, but I really like the results from Photoshop, and assume that almost everything is in PSElements too.

Good luck,

Hunt

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Sharp Pictures for Slide Show
                X-Gino-X Level 1

I tried this rather long process using what I had available - Elements 2.0 a PS tool. The results were the same - lose of quality when transfering picture into video. I think that I'll give up on Adobe Premiere at this time. Thx for all the help. At least now I know what the problem is.

Best of luck,

Rich

• 5. Re: Sharp Pictures for Slide Show
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

About the best that you will be able to do is create an HD Project, resize to that, Import and edit, then Burn to a Blu-ray Disc. Even then, you are limited to the frame sizes of the BD.

If PowerPoint is giving you what you want, then that would be my answer too.

Good luck,

Hunt