1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 8, 2009 7:53 PM by zistheman

Problem submitting PDF via HTTPS

zistheman

I'm an Adobe Acrobat newbie, and am having issues submitting a PDF form to an HTTPS server.  My basic setup is as follows:

1)  PDF Form with one text field and a single submit button pointing to a https URL.  The button submits in the XDP format.

2)  A server which can only be accessed through SSL and has a valid SSL certificate

I get the following error when I hit the submit button in Adobe Reader 9:

"An error has occurred during the submit process.  The server has an invalid SSL certificate."

I tried the following:

1)  Adding the SSL certificate to the Manage Trusted Identities, and pressing the submit button.  Same error.

2)  After installing the certificate, going to Edit -> Preferences -> Security -> Advanced Preferences, and checking the box for Enable searching the Windows Certificate store for certificates other than your own.  Same error.

I've tested the servlet by posting through a .NET application and it works fine. Am I missing something here?

• 1. Re: Problem submitting PDF via HTTPS
          zistheman Level 1

I've fixed this problem.  Turns out my windows certificate store didn't have the Root certificate for my website added in it.  I just found the root certificate online and installed it into the "Trusted Root Certification Authorities" store in windows.  I then went to Edit -> Preferences -> Security -> Advanced Preferences, and checked the box for Enable searching the Windows Certificate store.  Works like a charm now.