4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 23, 2009 1:33 AM by dalcde

Rotating 360 degree

Sreelash Level 1

Hi,

I am trying to implement an application which make the effect of 360 degree rotation. In order to make this effect, i have 72 images of each product which had taken at each 5 degree of the product. The priniciple behind slide show application is using to make this effect. The images are loading sequentially. It works well. But after one full rotation, i am making a reset for 2 variables which handles the index position of current and previous images. I think because of this, a small jerk is feeling after one full rotation. Is there any way to avoid this.

The other problem is that if i make scaling or (x,y) coordinate changing, after one full rotation, a jerk is feeling continously. If i do not make any changes it will work well. Can anybody help me to solve this.

Regards,

Sreelash

• 1. Re: Rotating 360 degree
          Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

If the idea is to allow the object to be rotated freely, there should be no reason to reset anything, though it depends how you approached the design and how you display the images.  You'll have to show the code you are using to get any help though.

• 2. Re: Rotating 360 degree
            Sreelash Level 1

Hi, I am attaching the code with this thread. The tool is almost working condition. The problem is I can't align or scale the images. If I make any changes, the rotation will not be smooth. Can you let me know why it's being like this? The rotating tool I have implemented is according to the tool I downloaded from Yofla.com. I am attaching both the fla with this mail.

Regards,

Sreelash

• 3. Re: Rotating 360 degree
              Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I won't be searching thru those files to see if I can figure out what you have done where and how, though someone else might.  It is highly likely I cannot unzip them and equally likely I cannot open them if I can unzip them (CS4?).  If you can post the code that relates specifically to the problem you are having it could make easier work out of solving this.

• 4. Re: Rotating 360 degree
                dalcde Level 1

If you are using it will the timeline, you can put a keyframe before the last keyframe, and delete the last one. Then it will move frequently. If you are using actionscript to rotate it, it shouldn't have any problem.

If you are using actionscript and there is still problem, can you please copy and paste the code, instead of putting it into a 1 MB zip.