4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 11, 2009 8:19 AM by the_wine_snob

Lagging Video Output

Chris Yiu Level 1

Hello world! It's my first post here. I've encountered a problem. When I export a video, the exported video files are always lagging. It won't play smoothly. I don't know why. I've tried to play around with the frame rate with no avail. What's the cause? Please help! Many thanks!

• 1. Re: Lagging Video Output
          Harm Millaard Level 7

Click on this link. In the message you see other links, click on them too.

Some suggestions

• 2. Re: Lagging Video Output
            Chris Yiu Level 1

I have gone through those content and other similar posts on the forum. I still can't find the answer. Here are the spec of my computer:

Windows XP 32-bit

Core 2 Duo 3.0 Ghz

4GB DDR2 RAM

Geforce 9600 GT 1GB

• 3. Re: Lagging Video Output
              Harm Millaard Level 7

Please answer the 16 questions in the first link in the Finally section.

• 4. Re: Lagging Video Output
                the_wine_snob Level 9

Chris,

The biggest problem is that the behavior that you describe, or similar, could have many causes. That's what Harm is trying to narrow down. With playback issues, it could be:

1.) System, especially the I/O sub-system, i.e. HDD's, and how they are allocated.

2.) Assets - what you're using as source footage

3.) Project - what Presets you are working with, and also the settings for Export

Without the answers to those questions, no one has anything to go on, and all we can do is say, "it's your system," or "it's your Assets," or "it's your Project Presets." That will not help you. With details, someone will see the possible problems, and be able to give you tips on how to eliminate the problem, or narrow down the possilbe causes.

Good luck,

Hunt