I have exact the same problem with CS4
web premium on Windows 7.
I have the exact same problem and have spent 7 hours on the phone with 'support' so far today all to no avail. I am currnetly uninstalling and reinstalling on my desktop so I ran home from my office to get my laptop and lo and behold the same exact issue on it. I know the problem is on Adobe's side but no help from them and I am out a day's worth of billing already and have unhappy clients to boot! My case number is 181618891 in case anyone form Adobe is listening!!!! Call me and soon please!!!!!
I have now logged over 9 hours on the phone with ‘support’ (as well as uninstalling and reinstalling my software) and this last genius’s solution………….. ’Set the system clock back to 2008 and run your machine for a day or two like this and I believe that will fix it!’
Can you believe this Mickey Mouse nonsense?
Also, I tell the guy that he as cost me $750 today in lost time, his reply…..’Sir, think how I feel, it takes me a month and a half to make that much’
It would be funny if it wasn’t so infuriating!
I have fixed my problem with Win 7 and CS4:
- deinstall CS4 complete
- delete all Adobe folders on your computer, (also ...AppData\Roaming\Adobe)
- download and unpack http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cs5clean.html , follow the instructions in the readme to clean up your sytem
- create a new user with administrator privilegs
- reboot your system and logon with the new user account
- deactivate all firewalls and virus prpgramms
- install CS4
Thanks hgm! I have received a call from Adobe Customer service today and am
expecting another but I will try your solution if needed!