Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

WebHelp Searches from Tool Bar Fail

Jul 09, 2009 Jul 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're generating two WebHelp help systems using FM9 (unstructured) and RH8. We use a barely-tweaked version of the Chrisi skin (we've changed the background color of the toolbar).

In our latest build, we discovered the following problem (it might have been around before):

When you search using a single term in the toolbar search box, no results are returned. If you search using the search pane, or if you use more than one term in the toolbar search box, it seems to work fine.

What appears to happen is that an   is appended to the search term when using a single term in the toolbar search box.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

TIA,

Shane

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 09, 2009 Jul 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my previous post, the character entity name was inconveniently converted to the non-breaking space character itself. The sentence should read (with underscores to prevent the elision):

What appears to happen is that an &_n_b_s_p_; is appended to the search term when using a single term in the toolbar search box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 13, 2009 Dec 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Shane,

Sorry to report that I do not have a solution but I do have the same problem. If I do a search in the toolbar when I first open my published RoboHTML WebHelp help project it doesn't matter whether or not I put in a single term or a couple of words in the the search box on the toolbar a space is added to the end and no results appear. Once I get rid of the space in the sidebar and perform the search the search box on the toolbar subsequently works with any number of terms I put in.  It seems like once the search is "switched on" it is happy and does not subsequently add the space after the search term in the toolbar search box.

I am using RoboHelp 8.0.2.208 and publishing to WebHelp. No additional options have been chosen under WebHelp General (such as MOW, 508, etc) and the options chosen under WebHelp Options are DHTML > Pure HTML and Web Site (Internet).

Anyone able to help me or Shane out?

Thanks,

Greig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp