2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 10, 2009 11:46 AM by EchoOut

Disappearing RAM Preview? Whaaa!!!??

EchoOut Level 1

Hey there. I searched but didn't see this one specifically.

So, recently switched to CS4 and can't figure out why, after doing a RAM Preview, one click anywhere in the timeline makes the green line disappear and kills my preview. Never seen this behavior before.

I'm on a 8-core MacPro with 16 GBs of RAM using OSX 10.5. I'm just compositing Animation compressed MOVs and whatnot. Nothing special. Multiprocessing is turned on but most of the prefs are default.

Thoughts?

• 1. Re: Disappearing RAM Preview? Whaaa!!!??
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Have you updated AE to 9.0.2? There used to be a few issues with the initial release on the newest Nehalem Xeons, but the patch should have rectified all of that. The only other thing I could think of, barring actrual physical damage or electrical problems, are issues with third-party capture cards, CoDecs tied to such cards and last but not least graphics card issues that somehow messes with openGL usage and thus prematurely invalidates previews if OpenGL is on...

Mylenium

• 2. Re: Disappearing RAM Preview? Whaaa!!!??
            EchoOut Level 1

Yeah, I thought about all of that but it's looking like the Premiere Dynamic Link edits I had MAY have been the culprit. I replaced them with QTs and it seems to be behaving, and is running a heck of a lot faster anyway. So, the verdict is still out. I'm in the middle of a deadline on this game promo, I'll let you know what I find out.