1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 10, 2009 10:30 AM by the_wine_snob

Media Encoder CS4 problem with h.264 QuickTime- Green flashes

galenscorer

I have been using Premiere/Media Encoder CS4 on both a Mac and PC. I am having problems encoding using h.264 HD (720p) settings. These are the problems I have had:

When I encode on both platforms (using many different settings) the video plays back fine on the latest version of QuickTime on the Mac.

On the PC using the latest version of QuickTime the exact same video stutters and flashes green.

When I downgrade my version of QT on my PC to 7.4.5 the video plays fine.

With the downgraded version of QT and then encode the video again using the same settings. The video has the same mentioned problem on ANY PC with the latest version of QT.

I would like to say that this is just a QT problem but when I encode the videos using someone elses computer with other software (Sorenson Squeeze) using the exact same settings the video works fine on all platforms.

I need to distribute these videos online so I have no control over what version of QT people will be using to view the video so it is not enough just to say use the older version of QT.

Thanks in advance for help.

• 1. Re: Media Encoder CS4 problem with h.264 QuickTime- Green flashes
          the_wine_snob Level 9

There have been several instances, such as you describe, on the forum lately. Do not recall any exact resolutions though. I'd seach for "green flashes," as that exact phrase has been used in many.

On the PC using the latest version of QuickTime the exact same video stutters and flashes green.

Is this with QT 7.6.2? Many had major issues with the QT 7.4.x versions and Adobe software. The QT 7.5.5 version seemed to fix most of those, but another user was having issues with it very recently, and there have been some, who have also had issues.

It seems that QT will work with Adobe products for a bit, and then the next upgrade, or two, will fritz up the whole works.

Wish this was not such a "moving target."

Good luck,

Hunt