3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 13, 2009 3:18 PM by meshgraphics

Flex does not auto load in Firefox and Opera but works in IE

kalyanbk1

I am using the following wrapper for deploying my Flex application. It works fine when the files are local but when the files are deployed on the server, IE works fine but I only see a blank screen in firefox and opera. However if I right click and click play the application runs fine. I don't understand what I need to do to make the Flex application autorun in Firefox and Opera as it works on IE (on server and local) and all browsers (when local).

I would be grateful for any help. I am wantonly including flashVars in both the object and embed tags to get it to be read in all browsers. The problem seems to be play="true" does not seems to be honored in Firefox and Opera when the flash in on a server but works when it is local. I have also tried accessing the flash directly without a HTML wrapper but the same problem happens only in firefox and opera but works in IE.

<object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000"
                 id="DistributorWarehouse" width="100%" height="100%"
         codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/swflash.cab">
         <param name="movie" value="/public/DISTRIBUTORWAREHOUSE.SWF" />
         <param name="quality" value="high" />
         <param name="bgcolor" value="#869ca7" />
         <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain" />
         <param name="flashVars" value="CustNo=0000000004&Distp=2&Distfl=4&Distsl=0020&vkorg=GDMI&vtweg=CM&empl=X"/>
         <embed src="/public/DISTRIBUTORWAREHOUSE.SWF" bgcolor="#869ca7"
          width="100%" height="100%" name="DistributorWarehouse" align="middle"
          play="true"
          loop="false"
          quality="high"
          flashVars="CustNo=0000000004&Distp=2&Distfl=4&Distsl=0020&vkorg=GDMI&vtweg=CM&empl=X"
          allowScriptAccess="sameDomain"
          type="application/x-shockwave-flash"
          pluginspage="http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer">
         </embed>

</object>