5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 11, 2009 12:07 PM by the_wine_snob

Purple "P"

blueridgeview

In the media organizer of PE7 there is a purple triangle with the letter "P" in the lower right hand corner of each video thumbnail.  What does this mean?  Google and the manual did not turn up and answers.

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Purple "P"
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

That would indicate that it is a Premiere Elements project, blueridge!

More specifically, they are clips in the project you currently have open, I believe.

• 2. Re: Purple "P"
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Steve,

I'm curious where this icon is being seen. In PE4's Organizer, I get a little blue filmstrip icon in the upper right corner.

Just wondering, thanks,

Hunt

• 3. Re: Purple "P"
              blueridgeview Level 1

Steve Grisetti wrote:

That would indicate that it is a Premiere Elements project, blueridge!

More specifically, they are clips in the project you currently have open, I believe.

I guess that makes sense.  It seems rather reduntant though, doesn't it?  In other words, if they are in my media organizer for any given project, then of course "they are clips in the project I currently have open".  Seems odd to me.

Hunt: If I get a chance I will take a screen shot and post it when I get home.

• 4. Re: Purple "P"
                Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

If you open up the full Organizer in Premiere Elements (click the Tagging button), it will make more sense. In this view, you can see all of the media in your entire Organizer catalog. This indicator can be helpful, then, if you're looking at hundreds of clips and photos.

In the Photoshop Elements Organizer, there's a similar indicator to show you when a photo is open in the Editor workspace.

• 5. Re: Purple "P"
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

OK, I think I am getting it now. As I always work in the Project Panel and use Bridge, or other, for my browsing, this is something that I have just not encountered. Now I will know where to look.

I hear people speak of Organizer and also their Albums and have just not used this aspect of the program enough to follow along at home.

Thanks all,

Hunt