2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 13, 2008 12:40 PM by Newsgroup_User

1 GB or 2?

Level 1
      Hi Everyone - I am building a small e-commerce site, and we are going to be utilizing the Go Daddy Shopping Cart. The store will not be huge - most likely no more than 100 items at a time. There will not be a lot of Multimedia, however there will be a lot of images. Should I recommend the 1GB or 2? Thanks in advance for the help! - Jessica
        • 1. Re: 1 GB or 2?
          Level 7
          .oO(ilovelinus)

>Hi Everyone - I am building a small e-commerce site, and we are going to be
          >utilizing the Go Daddy Shopping Cart. The store will not be huge - most likely
          >no more than 100 items at a time. There will not be a lot of Multimedia,
          >however there will be a lot of images. Should I recommend the 1GB or 2? Thanks
          >in advance for the help! - Jessica

IMHO 1 GB should be enough for now.

Let's do some math and a very rough guess: 100 items, let's assume 10
          images per item, estimated 100 KB for one big image and 20 KB for a
          preview -> 120 KB per image -> 1.2 MB per item -> 120 MB for all.

BTW: What's the difference in price between the two packages?

Micha
          • 2. Re: 1 GB or 2?
            Level 7
            1 gig - 2 gig ???
            You would need a thousand of pages and as many large images to make a dent
            in that much web space. The disk space is one thing but what you need to get
            with the disk space is bandwidth. If your planning on having a lot of
            traffic, then you need a sizeable allocation of bandwidth. So, is the site
            going to be the "source" on the web for your product? Are you planning
            hundreds of hits a day? If so, go big. If your unsure, go small it won't
            take long to hear from your web host if you exceed your bandwidth
            allocation. You can always upgrade at any time. Few companies ever said no
            to making more money

Jeff

"ilovelinus" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
            news:g2ueb0$omb$1@forums.macromedia.com...
            > Hi Everyone - I am building a small e-commerce site, and we are going to
            > be
            > utilizing the Go Daddy Shopping Cart. The store will not be huge - most
            > likely
            > no more than 100 items at a time. There will not be a lot of Multimedia,
            > however there will be a lot of images. Should I recommend the 1GB or 2?
            > Thanks
            > in advance for the help! - Jessica
            >