3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 12, 2009 6:59 AM by rmanjoney

Problems with Enhanced CSS/Images Export in CS4

rmanjoney Level 1

Windows Platform, CS4, 10.03 Fireworks

I installed the enhanced CSS/Images export stuff, but I cannot seem to get it working for the following scenario.

I have a rounded rectangle with a drop shadow, and a top header, middle content area, and bottom footer. That's my desired target layout. Very very basic.

1. I draw the rounded rectangle using the r-r primitive and give it a drop shadow.
      2. Slice off the top header - assign it as a bkgd image.
      3. Slice off a small center section for my dynamic content, and assign it as bkgd repeat y.
      4. Slice off the bottom footer, assign it as a bkgd image.

1. Export to CSS.

The resulting HTML is not what I expect. No matter what I do, the middle repeating area seems to get assigned as a background to the outer div that is generated for the rounded rectangle as you can see here in the capture of the resulting HTML in IE 8.

I have followed the blogs on these techniques, and this "3 slice" technique is supposedly supported and FW is supposed to figure out what I'm trying to do, but I just can't seem to make it work. Can someone shed some light on this, or provide the steps to accomplish this pretty simple example? I attached the resuting PNG, HTML and CSS files.

The article I am referencing in particular is located here:  http://www.adobe.com/devnet/fireworks/articles/standards_compliant_design_03.html and is titled, Creating standards-compliant web designs with Fireworks CS4.