3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 13, 2009 7:50 AM by Jesseham

unavailable typefaces

capstick13 Level 1

Hello,

I was wondering whether anyone could give me some advice on an issue with typefaces.

I recently was on a design placement and made a variety of logos. When I came to print them out from home for my portfolio, adobe illustrator said many of my fonts were unavailable.

A pop up box comes up saying which font I am missing. When I click on the type, the original typeface name appears but with a star next to it and I am not sure what it means. I am guessing that it had replaced my typeface with one that looks similar, but I am slightly confused as the substitute font name doesn’t appear!! Is there anyway to solve this?

Also is possible to by individual typefaces if my computer does not have them?

Thanks ever so much,

Helen

• 1. Re: unavailable typefaces
          Wade_Zimmerman Level 6

You have it correct you figure it out correctly.

you can buy fonts from Adobe look under the store, at the top of the window you are in or from My Fonts or Lynotype or a variety of other foundries.

Do a search on the web.

The place you were working might have even of bought the whole Adobe Library if it is a large outfit.

You shoud also get a font manager so they can be loaded without hassle I thin Font Agent Pro is the best for Illy and other Adobe apps.

Once the new fonts are loaded Illy might say they are still not the right font then it may simply be fro another foundry so you select them and then select change all in the find font dialog.

You'll figure it all out.

• 2. Re: unavailable typefaces
            Skullmaker Level 3

The Master Wade has spoken.

Hello Sensei!

• 3. Re: unavailable typefaces
              Jesseham Level 4

As far as I know, when a font is missing, it gets substituted with Myriad. Wasn't that the question?