2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 21, 2009 12:13 PM by peterotoole

Javascript links not working on some pcs???

peterotoole Level 1

I have designed this site for a friend and i'm at a stage of real frustration as some of the links on the flash site work fine on Mac but not on PC. To relay her fears, I have asked a PC friend of mine to test the links on his PC and he came back saying they all worked fine. I even tested it myself in an internet Café and they worked but strangely all my friends, friends come back to her saying they don't.

Would one of you guys on the forum mind testing this out for me as I really don't know why this works for some and not others.

The site is www.tuarard.ie

Most of the complaints have been about Film Club/Becoming a Member/Download Application Form. No one seems to be able to download this.

This is the code is use for the Application Form:

on (release) {

getURL("javascript:NewWindow=window.open('film_club/film_club_application_form.p df','Tuar Ard Arts Centre','width=600,height=800 ,left=0,top=0,toolbar=No,location=No,scrollbars=Yes,status=No,resizable=Yes,ful lscreen=No'); NewWindow.focus(); void(0);"); }

This is the code is use for the the Main Programme:

on (release) {

getURL("javascript:NewWindow=window.open('current_programme/tuar-ard-programme.p df','Tuar Ard Arts Centre','width=600,height=800 ,left=0,top=0,toolbar=No,location=No,scrollbars=Yes,status=No,resizable=Yes,ful lscreen=No'); NewWindow.focus(); void(0);"); }

What is puzzling me is why the programme seems to work on all PCs but not the application form when both codes to me are identical.

If you have any answers, i would be incredibly grateful.

Thanks again,

Peter

[Moved by moderator to more appropriate forum]