2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 11, 2009 3:43 PM by the_wine_snob

Adobe Premiere Elements failed to return a video frame. Cancelling the operation. (For 3.0)

The-Sky-Is-Too-High

This is the message that comes up everytime I try to export my 6 minute 10 seconds film. I have used 2 of the 'Video Effects' and the film is mainly made up of AVI files.Will someone please tell me why this is happening and how I can fix it. Thank you very much

• 1. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements failed to return a video frame. Cancelling the operation. (For 3.0)
          the_wine_snob Level 9

This error often shows up when there is a gap in the Video Timeline.

What I would do is zoom in on the Timeline to about the maximum. Hit Home to get the CTI to the 00;00;00;00 point. Now, hit PageDn to step you through your Clips. With the zoom at the max, you should be at the frame-level, so even a 1-frame gap should be visible. However, sometimes even max zoom will not clearly show them. What you need to do is watch the CTI, as it progresses from Clip to Clip. If it seems to "hiccup," or "stutter," you have probably found your gap. In most cases, you can just Select (Lasso) all Clips following and drag them so that the gap is closed. In some cases, you might just want to change the Out Point of the preceeding Clip to close it, or extend the In Point for the following Clip to close. Don't forget to check the entire Timeline for more.

One little caveat. If you do find gap, and close it up with the Lasso and drag method, and also have a Soundtrack that extends the total length of your Video, check that there is NOT more Audio, than you now have Video. If you do, you have two choices: click-drag the Audio's Tail to line it up with your Video's Tail (only if you have just a touch of silence in your Soundtrack, or can slightly alter you Fade-out to work as you want. Or, you can go to the Project panel, and choose the New icon, then Black Video. Drag that to butt up to the Tail of your last Clip, and then click-drag its Tail so that you have maybe one frame more Video, than Audio.

I hope that you'll be able to find a gap, and that it will be the problem. As I said, this is usually the cause for that error message.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements failed to return a video frame. Cancelling the operation. (For 3.0)
            the_wine_snob Level 9

If it is not a gap, then we'll need more info on those AVI files. Go through this ARTCLE, especially the part about G-Spot. Run each AVI through that utility, and report all of the details of each AVI. Screen-caps of each G-Spot screen will work nicely and save you a bunch of writing. Just be sure to label which AVI is in each screen-cap.

Good luck,

Hunt

1 person found this helpful