1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 12, 2009 10:35 AM by the_wine_snob

Premiere Tool Pallette empty - Vista 64

Keith Broaddrick Level 1

Hi all.

I am using CS3 and Vista 64bit. I know I have heard there might be some compatibility issues there. However, out of the blue, all I have in my Premiere tool pallette is the pen tool. All the others are missing.

I can hit the hot keys and get the tools, but the icons are not in the tool pallette and I need them to be there for visual reference. I don't always remember all the hot keys.

I have uninstalled the entire Adobe package and reinstalled it. I must not have gotten rid of the App Data stored on the machine, because when I reinstalled, the tool pallettes and title pallettes looked exactly the same as they did before the uninstall. I was having the same problem with the Titler tool pallet, but manages to move it around in the title window an get the tools to come back.

Anyone have any suggestions?

KB

• 1. Re: Premiere Tool Pallette empty - Vista 64
          the_wine_snob Level 9

The first thing that I would do is go to Window>Workspace and reset to maybe the default, or other Workspace.

Next, I would Move my Preferences files elsewhere, and let PrPro rebuild them. Do not forget to use the correct setting in the new Preferences. With an uninstall, reinstall, the Preference files are NOT deleted. The running of the Adobe CleanScript (for your version) WILL remove those too.

Good luck,

Hunt

PS also look for updates for your video driver, just in case.