2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 12, 2009 8:53 AM by MattMazur

Moving logo question

darren1981au

Hi all,

I just purchased a web site about Baby Rockers and have not much experience with adobe products, i have used photoshop before at school / uni but never even looked at flash, if i purchase flash today how long would it take we to learn to make a moving logo that looked somewhat professional ?

and does adobe provide any tutorials to learn from ?

Thanks in advance for your replies, this means a lot to me, i like learning new things but $400- is a lot to pay not to be able to use it lol, but willing to learn i guess. Thanks

• 1. Re: Moving logo question
          Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You should be able to get a trial version that you can use to see if you want to purchase it.

There is no telling how long it might take you to learn how to use it--different people have different learning abilities, as well as different motivations which drive whether or not they really want to take the time to learn something.  Many people are self-trained in using Flash.

I don't know of any specific training materials.  I have heard that the Flash documentation included some form of lessons, and that Adobe provides some kind of lessons (possibly at a cost), and that www.lynda .com provides some good tutorials for getting people started (at a cost).  Two of the most valuable learning reference tools you will have are the Flash help documents and the Google search services.  For most of what I know of Flash (which isn't everything) those two resources have been my primary information sources.  You should expect to lose hair and/or sleep and be baffled at times... that's also part of the learning process.

• 2. Re: Moving logo question
            MattMazur

I've been learning Flash using Adobe Flash CS4 Professional Digital Classroom. It took me about three weeks to make it through the book and it's given me a basic understanding of how to use the software and write Flash apps.

I highly recommend picking it up and working through it as a starting point.