• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Load Environment" not loading in RoboHelp 7

Explorer ,
Sep 29, 2008 Sep 29, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you save an environment, exit RoboHelp 7, then open RoboHelp and click File > Load Environment, RoboHelp hangs and doesn't load the environment. I've set up several and it hasn't worked since I installed RoboHelp a year ago. I didn't see anything in the KnowledgeBase about it. Does anyone have a solution?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RH should reopen with the last environment used. Is that not happening?

Are you allowing the project to open fully? Wait two or three minutes after opening the project to see if that makes a difference.

Are you saving the environment locally? Don't think that should be an issue but try it.

Haven't seen anyone report this.

I assume you have both patches applied.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the updates (7.02.001) and am running locally. I just closed and opened again and the environment did not persist. Waited 3 minutes. Tried to load the rhs file, and now RoboHelp is hanging again. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried this on more than one project?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tested it on two other projects. I'm not having the problem there. These two are very small (under 20 topics). The main project has over 500 topics. Just tried to open the large one again and same problem. I'm only able to load the Default Environment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pretty standard advice on project specific problems like this is to create a backup, then trash the CPD file and reopen the project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Peter. I just tried that (CPD) but it didn't work. I just won't work with the Environments for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gina

I see Peter asked this initially but I'm not sure your answer was clear as to whether you were saving your Environment file locally or not. What you replied with was that you were "running locally". There is a huge difference between "running locally" (ensuring your project is stored on your local C drive and not on the network) and where you are choosing to save the environment file.

When RoboHelp tries to save the environment file, it attempts to save in the "My Documents/My RoboHelp Projects" folder.

Sometimes we see that our lovely little Network Admins arrange Windows so that this location is stored on a Network Server as opposed to our hard drives. While this may make sense to them, it may also cause us grief with our applications.

You might try changing the location to point simply at C:\ (or create a folder off C:\ - perhaps C:\Projects) and see if it will save in that location without locking up RoboHelp. I believe this is what Peter asked about when he asked if you were saving the environment locally.

Please post back with whether this works or not.

Apologies if I misread your responses and you intended to convey that you indeed had tried saving the environment file locally. I don't believe there is anything in these beasties that is "Project Specific". The only thing that may make sense to me about a large project is that it's causing more resources to be used on the PC where you are opening it.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 30, 2008 Sep 30, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like you Rick I don't believe there is anything project specific here but the evidence is otherwise.

Gina. Can you install the trial version on another PC, zip up and transfer your project to that PC together with a copy of the environment, then try again?

Where is the environment being saved?

Post back when you have had a chance to try it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 30, 2008 Sep 30, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Yes, my RoboHelp projects are always set up locally in my C drive, as close to the root as possible. The .rhs files were in my C drive as well (C:\myusername\My Documents\My RoboHelp Projects. I tried copying one of the rhs files to different places such as within my RoboHelp project on the C drive, but the environment still won't load. I tried creating several new environments, and the only one that will load is the default environment. I'll try your suggestion about the trial. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp