1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 13, 2009 2:58 PM by the_wine_snob

Best settings for 4:3 material to be displayed in widescreen

neverfamous

I'm creating a movie that will combine digital images and digital video captured in 4:3 aspect ratio.  The movie will be played on high def wide screen monitors that are capable of 1080i.  I've created several test movies and the images and video continue to be squashed or flattened.  Should I create the project in 4:3 ratio?  Should I burn the DV in widescreen format?  Any help is appreciated.

• 1. Re: Best settings for 4:3 material to be displayed in widescreen
          the_wine_snob Level 9

The will depend on first, how you wish the non-standard material to display and then on how the user's systems are set up.

In general, I would choose doing a 16:9 Project and then handle the 4:3 material with Motion>Scale and crop the top and bottom to suit, with a tiny hit on quality. This would give me the greatest control.

Good luck,

Hunt

[Edit] I just realized that this was posted to the Tip & Tricks sub-forum. Maybe Steve can move it out to the main forum, so more people will likely see it and can comment.

Message was edited by: the_wine_snob added comment about Tips & Tricks