Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

javaw.exe error after installing

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2009 Jul 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Just installed the CF Builder Beta and as soon I try and run it I get the following error:

A Java Runtime Environment (JRE) or Java Development Kit (JDK) must be available in order to run CFBuilder. No Java virtual machine was found after searching the following locations:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe ColdFusion Builder\jre\bin\javaw.exe

javaw.exe in current PATH

I have JRE6u14 installed and I have reinstalled it to make sure but still nothing. The path in the error message doesn't exist, there is no "jre" directory in the CFBuilder directory.

Not a very good start!!! Any ideas?

Andrew.

TOPICS
Builder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User

Hi,

CFBuilder require a 32 bit jre to be available.

So you if you already have a jre installed ,can you check if the jre path is available in the system path variable .

On which OS are you trying to install CFBuilder?

Thanks

Evelin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

CFBuilder require a 32 bit jre to be available.

So you if you already have a jre installed ,can you check if the jre path is available in the system path variable .

On which OS are you trying to install CFBuilder?

Thanks

Evelin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Ok, that was the problem, had to add C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\ to the system path variable. For anyone else who has this problem, do the following:

1) Locate the path to the Java installation, probably something like C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\.

2) Go to "My Computer" and right click and select "Properties" from the context menu.

3) In the "System Properties" dialog, select the "Advanced" tab.

4) From the "Advanced" tab, click the "Environment Variables" button.

5) The "Environment Variables" dialog box will appear and has two sections, "User variables" (top section) and "System variables" (bottom section). In the "System Variables" section scroll down the variables until you find "Path". Click it to select it and then click the "Edit" button (below).

6) The "Edit System Variable" dialog will appear for the "Path" varialbe. Add your path to the end of the value in the "Variable value" field, adding a semi-colon (;) before enter your path to delimit it from the previous entry.
7) Click Ok, Ok and Ok to close all the dialog boxes and then run CFBuilder.

Kind regards,

Andrew.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 20, 2009 Aug 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you, andrew!!!!

My version of Eclipse all of sudden started to do this and your solution fixed my issue. I don't work with ColdFusion Builder. I work with Flex Builder, but I think my problem was not related to an Adobe product but rather a general Eclipse issue. Sometimes I hate open source projects like Eclipse.

Again thanks for reporting the detailed instructions on how you resolved your issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation