4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 13, 2009 7:42 AM by the_wine_snob

CS2 Premiere Pro and After Effects

toadstool100

I am a student at TAFE in Australia.  TAFE, like many institutions have insufficient funds to upgrade their software.  Anyone that knows Premiere Pro and After Effects will be aware that these programs do not save down to previous versions.  Premiere Pro will not even open output from older versions (i.e. CS3 will not open CS2 output).  I own both CS3 and CS4 versions of these products, but failed a unit last semester, because I couldn't find a copy of CS2 and could not complete my assigments to deadline.  Adobe won't help me.  No retailer can provide a copy of CS2, so I am now appealing to anyone who can assist.

Can anyone provide a CS2 version of Premiere Pro and/or After Effects.

I own both a Macintosh and a PC, but because Premiere Pro on the Macintosh cannot produce AVI files I would prefer to get PC version of that software.  I use Audition (a sound editor for those that don't use it) and have found that Quicktime movies will import into Audition, but when they export they don't have any audio content.

Desperate Multimedia Student

• 1. Re: CS2 Premiere Pro and After Effects
          Harm Millaard Level 7

Toad,

You may be better off asking that on eBay or in the CS3 and earlier forum.

• 2. Re: CS2 Premiere Pro and After Effects
            toadstool100 Level 1

I've never used eBay I admit, but as a student without current employment, I don't have a credit card, so cannot really buy anything online, unless I can send a postal order or similar.  I can't buy anything from Amazon for this reason.  It is a pity one can't post one message and link it to all forums, I've had to put up multiple posts.

• 3. Re: CS2 Premiere Pro and After Effects
              John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

http://www.emsps.com/oldtools/

If they have what you want (go look) I have no idea if they will ship outside the US

• 4. Re: CS2 Premiere Pro and After Effects
                the_wine_snob Level 9
                Premiere Pro will not even open output from older versions (i.e. CS3 will not open CS2 output). 

Did you try to open your CS2 Project in CS3? The reason that I ask is that most Projects from earlier versions will Import into later versions. About the only reason that one would likely have any problems doing so is if 3rd party hardware, like Matorx, or 3rd party Effects (that were not present in the later version), like Magic Bullet Looks were not present. Even then (Matrox Projects probably an exception), the Project should Import.

I've Opened (not Imported) Pr6.5 Mac Projects in PrPro 2.0 with only the loss of a 3rd party Transition, or two. I've converted PC PrPro 2.0 Projects to CS3 Mac Projects, so users could Open them in CS4 on their Mac's. I've even found that some Encore CS3 NCOR files will Open in Encore 2.0.

If you can not Open the Project, you should be able to Import it into the later version of the program. Now, going the other way, say CS4 to CS3 will probably never work (exception might be the Encore files from CS3 opening in Encore 2.0).

Good luck,

Hunt