4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 14, 2009 12:24 AM by Adolfo Rozenfeld

Problem with AVCHD

JacksonHunt Level 1

I am having MAJOR problems in AE CS4 getting my 1920 x1080 .mts files (AVCHD from Sony HVC-F11) to export without serious unusable  flickering/stuttering although the exact same file exports fine in Premiere CS4 when burning in Encore CS4.  I'm not sure if it is interpreting the file incorrectly in AE and/or my composition/encoder settings are off.   The camera records in 60i fps.........any suggestions on what the settings in AE should be set at?

• 1. Re: Problem with AVCHD
          Adolfo Rozenfeld Adobe Employee

Jackson:

Unfortunately, there are some issues (shuffled frames, for example) with specific AVHCD flavors/models.

As a workaround for now, you can convert these files to something else before importing into AE. You can do this with Premiere Pro, or use a free conversion utility like Handbrake, for example.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

• 2. Re: Problem with AVCHD
            Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Other tools you could use: SUPER©, ffmpeg and MPEGStreamclip. If you can provide a short snippet of your footage (about 5 secs,  30 MB), we can investigate further and may be able to offer some more specific advise. Sometimes such issues do not occur on all systems and in addition, having as many specimen as possible will also help the engineers to straighten this out for CS5 or any possible updates.

Mylenium

• 3. Re: Problem with AVCHD
              JacksonHunt Level 1

Thanks for the tips guys...I think I have it working (after a million attempts).  I changed the bith depth of the project to 32bpc and that seemed to work.  Does anyone know if that is a requirement for working with AVCHD?

• 4. Re: Problem with AVCHD
                Adolfo Rozenfeld Adobe Employee
                I changed the bith depth of the project to 32bpc and that seemed to work.  Does anyone know if that is a requirement for working with AVCHD?

Not at all. It was a lucky coincidence