Without giving away too much (and based on your comments below), I think the next beta will be much more interesting to you.
You are absolutely right. The possibility to create hyperlinks within FC is in my opinion a MUST to make Catalyst to a standalone solution for "Non-Flexers" like me
The main things I'm interested in after building a few prototypes of interfaces for user testing are:
- Better "Text Area" support
- Ability to rotate a layer- a must have for iPhone protoypes.
- Ability to duplicate a component in your library so that the copies are totally divorced from one another.
- Ability to disable the selected state in datalists so that the entire repeated item could act as a button on click.
- Finally, I've been trying to figure out an elegant way to produce an accordion menu as it appears in a lot fo AJAX interfaces of late.
Of course if the Beta supports any of these, I'd love to hear how to do it. I've only been using FC for a few days now.
1. Can you elaborate on this one?
2. You can rotate a layer using the transform tool (hotkey: Q).
3. There is a workaround for this: select the component you wish to duplicate in the library panel, right click and choose "Export Library Package", then right click and choose "Import Library Package", re-importing the package you just exported.
4. Could you elaborate? I didn't understand what you're trying to do.
5. Check this out: http://peopleinaction.free.fr/catalyst/pia-lib/Main.html. Look at page 2/4 (Containers).
Well, I just "stumbled" on FC - yeah I know where have I been....
Anyway, after viewing some great videos on FC and FB, I kept asking myself:
- on FC, why a new product? Couldn't this have been "a super Flash Professional"?
- on FB 4, wow. Now, if we can only get that in Flash in the first place....or just dump the Flash actions panel and work in FB all the time....
So the impression I'm getting is, actually, I'm confused. Flash - FB - FC? I can see the differences, yet seem to be missing that 10k ft view on the platform and why they're not, well, a single platform tool?
5. Check this out: http://peopleinaction.free.fr/catalyst/pia-lib/Main.html. Look at page 2/4 (Containers).I moved everything to a proper post : http://blog.piaction.com/2009/07/catalyst-pia-lib/lang/en/