5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 20, 2009 5:44 AM by Cobby Fred

Popup Menus

Cobby Fred Level 1

Hello,

Please I need any idea as to how this popup menu here was done: http://www.designcanchange.org. I like that popup menu so much but don't have any idea as to how I can do it myself.

I welcome all ideas.

Thanks

Fred

• 1. Re: Popup Menus
          Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

The key to figuring out how something might work is to study its behavior long enough and know what tools you have available to you that might help realize what you see.  You should find a tutorial for making a popup menu and get that under your belt before trying this.  That way you will have some tools you can consider putting to use for something like this.  And there are often multiple ways to achieve the same design result.

For this you could try the following.... Create your buttons for the main menu and a set of movieclips for each of them that you animate when you rollover the buttons.  Use actionscript Tweens to make the movieclips slide into view with the rollovers and out of view with the rollouts.  There are a couple of ways you could prbably manage the rollouts where the movieclips slide back in... one would be to monitor the mouse position for each button, and another would be to use rollover/rollout code that is shared by the buttons, the movieclips, and the buttons within the movieclips.

• 2. Re: Popup Menus
            Cobby Fred Level 1

I must say that I know how to create popup menus, but this one look more complex. I have been able to pop the panel that contains the thumbnail sub-menus up, but when I roll my mouse on the thumbnail submenus the glow effect doesn't run. I have been trying different methods since last week, but none seems to work.

I'll still be hanging around to see what you people can offer me.

Thanks

Fred

• 3. Re: Popup Menus
              Cobby Fred Level 1

Hello,

I have been trying to attach my fla file for some help on my popup menu lesson, but have proved unsuccessful. What could be wrong please? The file in question is Flash8 fla file. I keep getting this message "The content type of this attachment is not allowed."

Please help.

Thanks
              Fred

• 4. Re: Popup Menus
                Cobby Fred Level 1

Hello,

Can anybody look at my file and tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks

Fred

• 5. Re: Popup Menus
                  Cobby Fred Level 1

Hello Murphy, and to everyone who wants to help,

I was thinking that if you can give me some email address where I can attach my file to so you cananalyze for me what I'm doing wrong since the "Attach Files" feature is not working? Please help me.

Thanks

Fred