1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 31, 2009 5:52 AM by Balaji Sridhar

Best installation configuration with Flash Buidler 4?

ericbelair Level 1

I want to install both the new ColdFusion Builder and Flash Builder 4, and I'm wondering what people think is the best installation configuration. Here are what I see as the options:

1. ColdFusion Builder standalone + Flash Builder 4 standalone
      2. ColdFusion Builder standalone + Flash Builder 4 plug-in to the same installation
      3. ColdFusion Builder plug-in to Eclipse + Flash Builder 4 standalone
      4. ColdFusion Builder plug-in to Eclipse + Flash Builder 4 plug-in to the same installation

For the past two years I have been working with the following configuration:

• Adobe CS3 (Dreamweaver/Fireworks) standalone + Flex Builder 3 standalone + CFEclipse plug-in to Eclipse

I switch between using Dreamweaver CS3 and CFEclipse all the time based on what fits my need at the specific time (i.e. I find it much easier to edit CSS in Dreamweaver).

I tried the Flex Builder 3 Eclipse plug-in a while back, because I wanted to use it with my CFEclipse installation, but I found teh FB3 standalone MUCH easier to use, so I am apprehensive about trying the FB4 plug-in.

I would love to have everything in one place, but more important is ease of use - even if that means having two programs (i.e. CFBuilder and FB4) open at the same time, since that is what I have been doing for sometime now.

Curious what people have tried and had success with.

Thanks.