3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 16, 2009 11:06 AM by cinkcsutton

unsort a loaded swatch

cinkcsutton

I'm playing with configurations/setup for CS4 and am having difficulty with loaded swatches. I've loaded a custom swatch and in the options I selected "sort by name", but now I am unable to 'unsort' the swatch.

I would like the order of the colors to be set up the same as how I saved the swatch file, but I cannot get it to load this way. I've tried reloading and resaving the swatch file in my presets folder to no avail.  In the uploaded jpg, I would like the loaded swatch on the bottom to display as the swatch file does on top.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

• 1. Re: unsort a loaded swatch
          Ozzwoman9 Level 4

I think that the swatches are sorted by using the swatch name, if that is the case then the sorting will depend on how you have named each individual swatch.

• 2. Re: unsort a loaded swatch
            watsonlance Level 2

I encountered a simular problem, with my company swatches when i made them.

To fix it I had to asign color numbers to my swatches:

C12 daiquiri green

C23 leaf

C44 navy

etc...

Maybe there is another way to establish a custom order, but I havn't been able to find it.

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: unsort a loaded swatch
              cinkcsutton Level 1

That's an interesting solution, thanks for the insight. Somehow my swatch reverted to the original order, though I have no idea what I did. I reloaded it a few times and was playing around with settings to no avail, but when I came back in the morning and opened AI it was back to the original.

If I can ever replicate it I will let you know, though I won't be hitting "sort by" anytime soon .

Thanks for your help.