1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 14, 2009 10:08 AM by kglad

Flash CS4 or Flash 8 won't publish properly...paths?

{WBK}Viper

This is driving me insane.  I've tried everything I can think of.

I simply want to put a movie on my website.  I have other flash movies on my site that work fine.

I import the video for progressive view.  Publish the .fla.  I get a .swf and an .html.  I upload the

files to my website and NOTHING!!   I check them locally and they work fine.

Then I publish them again and they no longer work locally.

Flash 8 publishes them by default to my desktop.

But if I use the default paths in CS4 the files don't even publish...they are nowhere to be found even with a search of my HD.

I took html code from my site that was working and just changed the .swf file name...that didn't work either.

I want to have the .swf and the .flv files in a folder with the path  media/lessons/some.swf and

I want the .html or .php (in my case) file in the root directory.

here is the code that is created by flash 8 for the .html file that I cut and paste into my page

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0" width="325" height="260" id="Movie 1" align="top">
      <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain" />
      <param name="movie" value="media/lessons/movie.swf" />
      <param name="quality" value="high" />
      <param name="bgcolor" value="#000000" /><embed src="media/lessons/movie.swf" quality="high" bgcolor="#000000" width="325" height="260" name="movie" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" /><br /><br /></object>

If I use CS4 it gives me the same thing with a billion more lines of script that have to be completely unnecessary, as I have got movies to

work before in Flash 8 withouth them.

I export the .swf by itself and hard code the html....still nothing.

Nothing works.  Even if I put everything in the same directory and change the paths it doesn't work.