7 Replies Latest reply on Jul 14, 2009 3:04 PM by Gail Chambers

IsoTransform Download: Now What?

Gail Chambers

Just downloaded a small '.aia' to create isometric renderings but what do I do with the file sitting on my desktop? Where do I put it in order to use it in Illustrator?

• 1. Re: IsoTransform Download: Now What?
          Mario Arizmendi Level 3

Picture 1.png

That is an action, it could be where ever you want, but the logical alocation is

Aplications/IllustratorCs3/Presets/Actions

Then go to the windows menu and select actions/load...

• 2. Re: IsoTransform Download: Now What?
            Gail Chambers Level 1

Thanks for answering but...I'm using CS4 (I also have CS3). I went to 

Finder>Applications>illustrator CS4>Presets>.en_US>Actions and found 

Default_Action.aia file and clicking on that only brought up a text 

import options box. When I clicked on that the IsoTransform file 

opened as text. Is it there? Usuable? I'm in an endless loop here!

Nothing about loading. Should I drag and drop into the Preset folder? 

Am I missing something else?

• 3. Re: IsoTransform Download: Now What?
              Larry G. Schneider Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Put the new .aia file in the folder Presets>Actions and then from the flyout menu of the Actions Panel, click on Load Actions. It should open that folder and then you click on the .aia file for it to be loaded. Notice how the picture that Mario showed you has two "layers" (Default Actions and Visipak 2006), both with triangles to click and expand.

• 4. Re: IsoTransform Download: Now What?
                Mario Arizmendi Level 3

Gail Chambers wrote:

Thanks for answering but...I'm using CS4

No matter, put the .aia file on the presets/actions CS4 folder and STOP, DONT DO ANITHING ELSE HERE...!

Ok, an action is claming to do something to an OBJECT, , so you must first select an object in your AI file, then go to WINDOW/ACTIONS/Load actions and select that action, and click on the play button. ( Not always an action needs an objetc selected..but must of the times)

2009-07-14_1543.png

In my example the action is called ¨Multiplo Vasos¨ I have this selected and then click on the play button...

It would be helpful if we know exactly what is the name of the action, I mean, what it is supposed to do, may be you can attach the file to your post.

• 5. Re: IsoTransform Download: Now What?
                  Gail Chambers Level 1

When I go to Applications>Illustrator CS4>Presets it shows a folder 

titled en_US. Inside is an Actions folder with a Default file. I've 

dropped the IsoTransform file into that folder but I haven't found 

anything that shows 'Load'. Am I blind?

• 6. Re: IsoTransform Download: Now What?
                    Gail Chambers Level 1

Finally! The trick was finding the fly-out menunot the drop-down

of Actions while in Illustrator, NOT the finder! Sheer accident that 

I hit the fly-out icon while trying to minimize the window. What a 

production! Now let's hope the little file actually works...

Thanks for your help. Amazing how many nooks and crannies there are 

in these programs.

• 7. Re: IsoTransform Download: Now What?
                      Gail Chambers Level 1

Finally! The trick was finding the fly-out menunot the drop-down

of Actions while in Illustrator, NOT the finder! Sheer accident that 

I hit the fly-out icon while trying to minimize the window. What a 

production! Now let's hope the little file actually works...

Thanks for your help. Amazing how many nooks and crannies there are 

in these programs. And such tiny icons...