16 Replies Latest reply on Jul 25, 2009 9:08 AM by asward2008

export audio out of sync

asward2008

awardekar@gmail.com

I have upgraded my CS3 to Premeire CS4 after a recent crash I resptored my Dell XPS 1530 to factory settings and then reinstalled every thing from scratch and created a project using preset of AVCHD blue ray and imported files from Canon hv20 after finishing the project I exported it as AVCHD

file 1440x1080i resolution every thing worked but the audio is out of sync it is playing earlier than the video. the source audio sampling was at 48 hZ and the project audio sampling is also set to 48HZ I tried mpeg format export but every palce the audio is out of sync. How one fixes this problem. The audio plays correctly in the project but the exported file in any format is out of sync. I have created tons of project with premeire pro1.5 and also with cs3 the problem only noticed with cs4 after it was reinstalled.

I have also installed the klyte codecs free ware on PC

you can directly repond to my email address if you so desire  awardekar@gmail.com

XPS Dell 1530

4 GB ram

Intel core duo CPU T 9300 2.5 G HZ

300 GB hard drive

with two 1 TB external drives for data

audio card sigma tel

video card nvidia 8600m

windows vista 32 bit home primium

AShok Wardekar

• 1. Re: export audio out of sync
          Promter Level 1

I had that issue before and I can't remember what I did to fix it.

it could be a fps setting in the export page.

I think I would start by checking the fps on your sequence on the timeline and then check to see if you are exporting the same.

ie. 24fps to 29.97 or something among those lines.

let us know if you find the answer

• 2. Re: export audio out of sync
            the_wine_snob Level 9

First, here is an ARTICLE on correcting OOS (Out Of Sync), but the bigger problem should by why OOS. That should not happen.

Please give complete details on your Assets (are all AVCHD, that were Captured in PrPro CS4?). Also the complete details of you Project will be necessary. Many cameras record AVCHD material with AC3 5.1 SS. Did your Project account for this? Did your AVCHD contain SS Audio?

I have also installed the klyte codecs free ware on PC

This can cause tons of problems, especially with regard to PrPro.

Last, do you have the 4.1 update?

Good luck,

Hunt

• 3. Re: export audio out of sync
              Harm Millaard Level 7
              created a project using preset of AVCHD blue ray and imported files from Canon hv20 after finishing the project I exported it as AVCHD

Why would you do that? The HV20 is HDV, so why an AVCHD preset? Why not capture with HDVSplit from the HV20, it does not give OOS errors, it allows scene detection, has preview during capture and is freeware. Why export as AVCHD? What is your delivery medium?

Hunt already said it, but it is so important that I repeat it:

Never install codec packs, unless you enjoy reformatting and reinstalling.

• 4. Re: export audio out of sync
                asward2008 Level 1

Thanks for many feed backs. Yes learnt my lesson probably will go back to mirror restore again and then reinstall every thing and that will take care of

the codec package.

The fiels were captured using Studio 12 ultimate as was initially going to use it to edit a quick output. The imported the captured file in adobe premeire

and the out put format was selected a H.264 blue ray for size as that gave me a 2hour 15 minute capacity on single blue ray. If I use the Mpeg format I can put  only 1 hour moive on a single blue ray. I have totoal 15 hours of video of Peru in hihg def which I condensed it to 3 hours

and was going to put it on two blue ray discs other wise will need three discs so only reason project was shosen as h,264 for time capacity

I have done that before without problem and never had this problem of out of sync this is the first time this happened it could be the klyte codecs will try

restoring from the mirror and reinstalling and see

SW

• 5. Re: export audio out of sync
                  asward2008 Level 1

Thanks for feed back in answer to your question

yes I do have the 4.1 and where can I find the article you mentioned. . The sound is going ahead of the play back. Canon hv20 records in mpeg format on tape. Here is the file property of the video as well as the audio

Type: MPEG Movie
                  File Size: 6.4 GB
                  Image Size: 1440 x 1080
                  Pixel Depth: 32
                  Frame Rate: 29.97
                  Total Duration: 00;36;33;22
                  Average Data Rate: 3.0 MB / second
                  Pixel Aspect Ratio: 1.3333

source Audio Format: 48000 Hz - 16 bit - Mono
                  Project Audio Format: 48000 Hz - 32 bit floating point - Mono
                  Total Duration: 01:00:55:05738
                  Average Data Rate: 93 KB / second

I may reconstruct from acronis backup which does not have klyte codec and see what happens? if that fails will go to mirror solution and reinstall every thing.

ASW

• 6. Re: export audio out of sync
                    Harm Millaard Level 7

I don't know what Studio 12 has done to the material (one thing is obvious, the camera records stereo, but you show it as mono), but I would try capturing the material with HDVSplit, create a new sequence with a HDV preset and then export to H.264 BR.

• 7. Re: export audio out of sync
                      the_wine_snob Level 9

Following the thread, it appears that my link did not take. That's the 3rd time in two days. If it's OE, at least I'm getting consistant.

Here's the link to the ARTICLE.

Hunt

• 8. Re: export audio out of sync
                        the_wine_snob Level 9

Do not know what Pinnacle is doing with the HD material, but way back, when I used it, there were some real oddities with SD material. Going back to Studio 7, 8 & 9 days, every 4 posts to their forum was on OOS issues (again SD material). Some never were able to do a Capture and have sync. It became somewhat of a bad joke.

HDVSplit would be my workflow too.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 9. Re: export audio out of sync
                          asward2008 Level 1

Dear Mr. Millaard

the only reason I captured using pinnacle was

then when I capture using premeire the mpeg file created by it is not read

by studio hence but when I capture using studio 12 it is read by premeire

without problem

I have used this combination succefully several time with good project

outputs using premeire cs3. This out of sync problem could be related to the

klyte codec I installed which may have created problem. or something went

wrong in audio capture as it should have been a sterio file as you

mentioned.   When I sent you the file property I also wondered how that it

is showing it as mono?? I will recapture a short test footage using both

premeire and studio  and see if still it shows mono footage. I will keep

ypou posted but may take some time as I will start clean with reinstall of

PrCS4, then recapture test footage and then go from there. Thanks for

interest and feed back

ASW

• 10. Re: export audio out of sync
                            Harm Millaard Level 7

That is not surprising as in your workflow you used a AVCHD preset which clearly will not work. I repeat the HV20 is a HDV camera, so you must use a HDV preset for your sequence.

• 11. Re: export audio out of sync
                              the_wine_snob Level 9

This out of sync problem could be related to the

klyte codec I installed which may have created problem. or something went

wrong in audio capture as it should have been a sterio file as you

mentioned.

For some, the K-Lite CODEC Pack works fine. For many more, and this might well depend on which of its elements one installs, it is a total disaster. Again, depending on what has been installed, a simple uninstall of the elements might work. In some other cases, it will take much more work to clean up after it.

My best advice is to only install CODEC's on a "need" basis. I also attempt to go to the source for my CODEC's, even if that means passing up a free one, for a paid one. If at all possible, I want no hacked, or reverse-engineered CODEC's on any of my systems.

Good luck, and do please try a Project with the proper Preset, and footage captured either in Pr or HDVSplit. Let's see if, with Pinnacle our of the way, you get better results. Please report.

Hunt

• 12. Re: export audio out of sync
                                asward2008 Level 1
                                Thanks for the previous feed back. I restored my pc to factory setup so every thing was clean. and then reinstalled all the software that included studio and nero in addition to premeire procs4 and audition 3 and did captuer the footage again wiht project preset as hdv 1080i  30(60) using premeire itself the footage audio this time did show up as sterio.
                                the eiditing was also going on smooth. also exported a small test output using media encoder with demuxed audio and file as mpeg4 blueray file 11440x1080i and every thing worked fine. I thought I should thanks and give a feed back
                                only new problem now I noticed is in the captured video there are areas of 2 to 3 frames randomly on several occasion where it shows up as pixelized video or red blank area on the footage. when imported in the premeire
                                but if I play the file in media player or any other player there are no problems. so tehre are some glitches in the capture footage
                                any thoughts?
                                ASW

• 13. Re: export audio out of sync
                                  Harm Millaard Level 7

Those are dropped frames on the tape. The only sensible solution to that, is razor them out.

• 14. Re: export audio out of sync
                                    asward2008 Level 1

that is what I did but capture window did not report dropped frames?

ASW

• 15. Re: export audio out of sync
                                      Harm Millaard Level 7

PR is rather picky but not very accurate when it comes to capturing. I prefer using HDVSplit for capturing. You could try that.

I have had (with CS3) tapes that reported no dropped frames in PR but were full of them. Using HDVSplit I got far less dropped frames on the same tape and as a benefit got scene detection, no OOS errors, and preview thrown into the deal. Hard to beat that for freeware in comparison to the costly PR, which I never trusted again. I still only use HDVSplit.

• 16. Re: export audio out of sync
                                        asward2008 Level 1

thanks will try that

I had lots of droped frames may be I will capture footage again with HDV

split

as some of the files I needed audio continuity as there was music on it

which gets a glitch when I trim out the glitch

will let you know ho it goes but you already know

ASW