I only have trial versions of Flex3 and Flashbuilder4. Flashbuilder 4 has expired so I downloaded Flex 3 almost two weeks ago.
Does anybody know if I purchase a Flex 3 license today, will the upgrade to Flashbuilder 4 be free?
I sent several emails to Adobe with no answer.
What would be your recommendation? Would you recommend I get Flex 3 now or should I wait until Flashbuilder 4 is finally released?
I don't know when Flashbuilder 4 will be released so it's difficult to decide.
(1) See http://forums.adobe.com/message/2087735. Short answer is "No, you will need to pay to upgrade from Flex Builder 3 to FB4,".
(2) Flex 4 is currently scheduled to be released in Q4 2009. For more information, see http://opensource.adobe.com/wiki/display/flexsdk/Gumbo.