4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 27, 2008 5:17 PM by Newsgroup_User

No Director in CS4 Master Collection?

Veraxus
      I was really hoping Director 11 would find it's way into the CS4 Master Collection. I mean, why not? Any chance of it being snuck in before the suites release next month?
        • 1. Re: No Director in CS4 Master Collection?
          TT71
          Yes!! WHERE IS DIRECTOR CS4??? What a shame! Director is such a great product and I know many people who are still using it professionally who waited desperately for the CS4 release. Shame on Adobe!! Why could they not merge FLASH into/and Director making it the most powerful tool ever.....? Anyway....
          Maybe it will be anounce soon!? There is still hope...
          • 2. No Director in CS4 Master Collection?
            Brian Stew Level 2
            In your dreams...

Sorry if that sounds crass, but I think that's true. Adobe is somehow aware that Director has a small but very dedicated user base. It is also very fragmented, as you can see in this very forum, where there's hard to discuss the future of Director in a constructive way (my view anyway). Adobe is looking to squeeze the dollars they can out of this, but then that's it. They're probably aware also that if they decided to scrap Director it would case an uproar, and if they decided to sell the codebase and assets, a software house that had the real dedication needed could actually make a viable competitor out of it. Better keep it, just lukewarm.
            When I confronted a couble of Adobe AIR evangalists on MAX last year that Director has been able to do all these things they promote as 'new' and 'cool' for YEARS already, and not least BETTER - they kind of agreed(!). This was in a break of course... Adobe is aware of Director, but they don't know it very well. I got the strong impression that Director has got a very bad rep - but that this is moslty based on ignorance and predjudices. Instead of reusing what they already have and own with Director, they will rather re-invent the wheel so to speak. It's more fun! And this is no joke. Director seems to lack the COOLNESS, and that's why. Certainly it will not appear in CS4. Neither will Flex and a few other good titles, and some of the reasoning behind this is of course entirely sensible.
            • 3. Re: No Director in CS4 Master Collection?
              mziskandar Level 1
              CS 3 req.. killing my pc. I am still using PS CS2 although we have CS3 - what a waste. Director should be alone as its should be - Hey Adobe.. please keep Director as optimized as possible in performance and distribution..

I wonder when the adobe linux shockwave plugin will come out..
              • 4. Re: No Director in CS4 Master Collection?
                Level 7

"mziskandar" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
                news:gbmaoh$lj3$1@forums.macromedia.com...
                > CS 3 req.. killing my pc. I am still using PS CS2 although we have
                > CS3 - what a
                > waste. Director should be alone as its should be - Hey Adobe..
                > please keep
                > Director as optimized as possible in performance and distribution..
                >
                > I wonder when the adobe linux shockwave plugin will come out..
                >

I bet as soon as there is one Linux, it has more than 50% market
                share, and everyone is complaining again?

;)

Ries