• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to send encrypted emails with coldfusion running on linux

New Here ,
Jul 15, 2009 Jul 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I need to send encrypted emails with cold fusion running on linux. Also the encryption should be compatible with the digital certificates currently in use in outlook. Can anybody help me on this?

Thank you for your time.

Regards,

Ram

TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 15, 2009 Jul 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't have a direct answer for you, although I will be watching this thread with interest.

The applicable web standard (as far as I know) is called S/MIME.  I do not know if <cfmail> has direct support for this:  I see no obvious evidence that it does.

I expect that you'll need to branch out into the marvelous outer-world of Java (and you might have to install those objects onto your server) in order to do it.  Which CF does enable you to do...

Another possibility (he said, idly pondering...) might be to use SSL to send the mail to an outbound mail-server which knows how to wrap the message up as S/MIME before sending it out to the world at large.  I do know of companies who do this in order to blanket-encrypt all of the traffic that is going to certain destinations, i.e. their subsidiaries and business partners.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation