2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 15, 2009 11:33 AM by Jerry62712

Newbie - how to deploy to server

Jerry62712 Level 1

I created a zip file for my application (File | Export | Flex Project Archive) and I put that where Tomcat would deploy a war file, but nothing happened.

1) does this zip file have everything needed to have a fully working application?

2) how do I deploy it so I can see it on my test Tomcat server and eventually on the production one?

Tia,

Jerry

• 1. Re: Newbie - how to deploy to server
          Gregory Lafrance Level 6

Exporting an archive is not for deployment to a server, but is for backing up or sharing your app with others.

To deploy to server export a release build and post the contents of the release-bin folder to the server.

If this post answered your question or helped, please mark it as such.

• 2. Re: Newbie - how to deploy to server
            Jerry62712 Level 1

You have done it again!.  I just copied those outputs to the Tomcat and it worked.  Next I have to get the biggie answered.  But that is for another thread as I marked this one as answered!

PS, still looking for a picture.  For a reason that is totally beyond me, I can't connect my flash drive to my home computer (it works on all the others) and I don't have anything here.