1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 25, 2008 9:34 AM by Newsgroup_User

no access to remote server dns error...omfg

gdhfnlnsfkglbsnd;kjb
      omfg, i'm sure god is trying to conspire against me...

i have three sites at multiple stages of delivery and all of a sudden would you believe it:

.i cant access any of them...

>first of all if i try in browser it keeps saying "dns error server cannot be found "page cannot be diplayed
      >this only happens with all the sites connected to the server microlite
      >google and most other pages work fine JUST CANT ACCESS MY SITES
      >so i try and beat this monkey pc and discover that i'm the monkey.
      >i cant connect through dreamweaver either its just saying that an error occured (no sh+t) ftp host cannot be found"

i have google this problem and the remedies look like an immense geeky technical job...i'm no computer junky...dnt suppose theirs a remedy (a quick solution) and that someone could explain it to me, pretty much how you'd explain to to a five year old...Otherwise my clients are gonna rip my fu**king head off.
        • 1. Re: no access to remote server dns error...omfg
          Level 7
          the DNS error would indicate that you have something set up wrong at
          your domain registrar. DNS means Domain Name Server, and is basically
          the place where your site is hosted. you should find out from your host
          what the DNS needs to be, and then find out with the domain registrar if
          they have the correct DNS.

or, since you said it's only the sites on this microlite server, maybe
          that means something is wrong with the server. you need to contact your
          host.

gdhfnlnsfkglbsnd;kjb wrote:
          > omfg, i'm sure god is trying to conspire against me...
          >
          > i have three sites at multiple stages of delivery and all of a sudden would
          > you believe it:
          >
          > .i cant access any of them...
          >
          > >first of all if i try in browser it keeps saying "dns error server cannot be
          > found "page cannot be diplayed
          > >this only happens with all the sites connected to the server microlite
          > >google and most other pages work fine JUST CANT ACCESS MY SITES
          > >so i try and beat this monkey pc and discover that i'm the monkey.
          > >i cant connect through dreamweaver either its just saying that an error
          > occured (no sh+t) ftp host cannot be found"
          >
          > i have google this problem and the remedies look like an immense geeky
          > technical job...i'm no computer junky...dnt suppose theirs a remedy (a quick
          > solution) and that someone could explain it to me, pretty much how you'd
          > explain to to a five year old...Otherwise my clients are gonna rip my fu**king
          > head off.
          >