3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 21, 2009 1:34 PM by DawMatt

Custom Metadata Observer

IjonTichyTS

Sorry for this question but I'm new on lua and the LR SDK

I have the following problem:

I have a custom metadata set with two fields, eg:

1: Name, Type string

2: URL, Type url, readOnly: true

In the metadata tagset "URL" is hidden because it is empty and only "Name" is shown.

After an user has entered text in the field "Name" and pressed enter, an url should be generated and shown in the "URL"-field. The entered value from "Name" is a fix part of the "URL".

Is this possible without using a dialogbox?

Thank you for your help.

• 1. Re: Custom Metadata Observer
          john beardsworth Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I don't think so.

• 2. Re: Custom Metadata Observer
            john beardsworth Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Oh, I could edit my post, but in the minute since making it I had another idea. You could use a menu item which would populate the URL field.

• 3. Re: Custom Metadata Observer
              DawMatt Level 3

Hi,

IjonTichyTS wrote:

I have the following problem:

I have a custom metadata set with two fields, eg:

1: Name, Type string

2: URL, Type url, readOnly: true

In the metadata tagset "URL" is hidden because it is empty and only "Name" is shown.

If you want the URL value to be permanently visible even when empty, you will need to modify its entry in the metadata tagset as follows:

-- Note: GPS would otherwise be hidden when no value exists
                      {'com.adobe.GPS', alwaysVisible = true, label = 'alwaysVisible'},

The default for alwaysVisible is false which is why the URL field will normally be hidden.

IjonTichyTS wrote:

After an user has entered text in the field "Name" and pressed enter, an url should be generated and shown in the "URL"-field. The entered value from "Name" is a fix part of the "URL".

Is this possible without using a dialogbox?

I suspect you are looking for a way to attach an observer or have an action fire when you change the value of a field in a metadata tagset.  Currently Adobe has not exposed that functionality in their SDK so you will need to work around this using approaches such as John mentions above.

Matt