• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Any Way to Update Hyperlink Text When Topic Title Changes?

Jul 16, 2009 Jul 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any to add a hyperlink "field" to a topic that will update when the title of the hyperlinked topic changes? Thanks in advance. RR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I'm guessing you are asking this.

You have topic A that has a link to topic B. The link currently reads topic B. But if you change the Title of topic B to perhaps topic X, you want the hyperlink to also change and reflect topic X?

Personally I can't think of a way to make it happen. Maybe with a variable, but you would have to update the variable manually.

Perhaps someone else has a clever solution for you.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

Thanks for the reply. I think I'm spoiled by MS Word fields/references and was hoping the RH could step up to the plate with this invaluable functionality. The project I'm currently working on requires some topic title tweaking, and I don't want to have to keep my eyes on the hyperlinks of 600+ topics. Sigh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Roborabbit

Can I ask you (and anyone else) not to use the "Email" link asking me to check out a post.

I see all posts and answer if I can or no one else has, or if I see a wrong answer.

I already get an email for each post so you are just duplicating what hits my inbox. The email I get does not tell me what the question is so I have to follow the link just to find someone else has answered or it is something outside my area that I cannot answer.

Thanks.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp