4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 17, 2009 7:17 AM by the_wine_snob

Popup Error: Premiere Elements Debug Event

adenm

Hi,

After a succesfull installation our users can start and work in Adobe Premiere Elements 7 (APE7).

But if they save there project and try to close APE7 they get a popup. (see attached Screenshot .45.jpg, dutch version, but message is something like: There is a serious problem ...etc).

APE7 crashes and when they start again, our users see the folowing popup. (see attachesd Screenshot .46.jpg)

I also attached a screenshot from a part of a ProcMon logfile

It looks if Adobe Premiere Elements doesn't work with folder redirection  (Appdata to share). In our situation we redirect users "document and settings\<user>\application data" to a networkshare (homedirectorie on a fileserver)

I tried to set the location forthe project savefolder to drive d:\, a removed the media cache to d:\ but that seems not enough.

What would you advise me to do?

Best regards,

a denm

• 1. Re: Popup Error: Premiere Elements Debug Event
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

It is possible you'll get an answer on this forum -- but these kinds of highly technical questions are often best answered by Adobe Technical Support.

Here is where you can contact them.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/414984?tstart=0

• 2. Re: Popup Error: Premiere Elements Debug Event
            the_wine_snob Level 9

After a succesfull installation our users can start and work in Adobe Premiere Elements 7 (APE7).

But if they save there project and try to close APE7 they get a popup. (see attached Screenshot .45.jpg, dutch version, but message is something like: There is a serious problem ...etc).

This leads me to believe that you are in a networked environment, possibly in an academic institution's media lab.

Unfortunately, if you are, things will not be all that easy. Both PE and PrPro (plus its Encore authoring app) are designed around the user having full Administrator privledges and their files not being in a networked environment. One can work with simple P2P LAN's and even with media on a NAS, but a full networked environment causes major problems. Giving students full Administrative privledges also has a high potential for problems from an IT standpoint.

Adobe TS is the best course. They may have some solutions for your problem. There are also several thread on the forum on academic networked situations. In a few of these, there were good suggestions, but so much will depend on the exact networking employed.

I've file Feature Requests for more network support with these programs, even though it does not directly affect me. I see a great sales potential for Adobe to get as many copies of their editing programs into the hands of students, and the lack of full networking capabilities stands in the way. You might also wish to file a FEATURE REQUEST for this.

Now, if you are NOT networked, ignore my post.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 3. Re: Popup Error: Premiere Elements Debug Event
              adenm Level 1

@Hunt and Steve

Thank you both for the advise, I will contact Technical Support.

Best regards,

a denm

• 4. Re: Popup Error: Premiere Elements Debug Event
                the_wine_snob Level 9

Good luck, and if you are on a networked installation, especially if in the academic community, please also fill out a Feature Request. I just hate that so many institutions cannot effectively use this great software for their students, unless each has a stand-alone computer.

Also, please take time to update your thread, after working with TS, so all of us can benefit from the knowledge.

Hunt