4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 16, 2009 2:54 PM by the_wine_snob

inserting audio

houndoom Level 1

I am using the trial of Premiere Elements.

I want to place audio at 00;00;02;30 seconds from when the video starts. So I dragged the audio into Audio 1 timeline. When I try to slide the audio to the 2.5 second mark, it skips from 0 seconds to 3 seconds. Perhaps I'm doing it wrong?

• 1. Re: inserting audio
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Is there already Audio on Audio Track 1 (AT 1)?

Can you place the CTI (Current Time Indicator) at 00;02;30;00 and drag this Audio file to AT 2, or AT 3, so long as they are empty?

Good luck,

Hunt

PS what is the format of the Audio?

• 2. Re: inserting audio
            houndoom Level 1

AT1 is already empty. CTI moves up every few seconds every time I drag it, so I cannot specifically get it to 00;02;30;00. Is there a way to get it to a specific value?

It's an mp3 file.

• 3. Re: inserting audio
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Have you zoomed into the timeline (pressing the + key)? You can zoom in close enough to see the individual frames.

• 4. Re: inserting audio
                the_wine_snob Level 9

In the Program Monitor, look at the Time Counter, in the lower left. You can click there and enter your exact Timecode. The CTI will move to that point. Using Steve's tip to zoom the horizontal display of the Timeline will help greatly. With the CTI at that position, drag the MP3 to AT 1 and it will Snap to the CTI. If it does not, hit the s-key, as Snap must be turned off.

My guess is that you are zoomed out too much and are just not seeing the Snap take place. At too low a magnification, you can easily miss the CTI by a couple of frames. Zooming in will show it all more clearly.

Good luck,

Hunt