• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Best way to scale a recording?

Advocate ,
Jul 16, 2009 Jul 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to embed a recording into another captivate project, which is pretty easy in an of itself.  The embedded content is a web browser recording, with varioud clicks and demo's of the site's pages and functions.

The parent project is a certain size with a certain viewing area. I bring in my SWF from the other project (website demo recording)and scale it down some to fit in the viewable area. I would like to take advantage of the auto captions, hotspots and zooms in the recording, but these would get scaled down as well. This would be too small.

So what's the best workaround here?  I suppose I could add captions manually in the parent project, but there is no way to preview the embedded SWF to see where to put them? Is there another option?

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 20, 2009 Aug 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lon,

You can rescale a Captivate project without rescaling the objects (an option on the rescale dialog box).

However, I'll do almost anything to avoid rescaling.  If the project isn't too large, I'll even recapture.  Rescaling almost always looks clunky and weird.

Leslie Bivens

E-Learning Developer/Captivate Coach

leslie@lesliebivens.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 20, 2009 Aug 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

Scout's mom wrote:

...Rescaling almost always looks clunky and weird...

I think it's more accurate to say:

...Rescaling CAN look clunky and weird...

The issue that makes rescaling often weird out on you is if you choose to rescale *WITHOUT* maintaining the aspect ratio. By default it's selected, so you would have to specifically choose not to use this option.

I do agree with the bit about choosing not to rescale unless absolutely necessary. This is because regardless of what you do, the quality will indeed suffer. The extent to which it suffers is entirely dependent upon how much scaling is occurring.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources