9 Replies Latest reply on Jul 17, 2009 7:16 PM by kglad

Publish size

heazle

When I view my flash site on my PC screen (standard 18") the entire website is visible, when I view it on my mac notebook laptop that has a wider screen, the bottom of the page is cut off,and the scrool bars are displayed that allow you to scroll up and down to view the entire page.

I have played with every publish setting and nothing seems to work besides the view all setting but that sizes the site up and down as you enlarge and decrease the borwser window.

Basically I want the site to come up full screen on any type of screen size, and stay the same size when you increase or decrease the screen size, Any advice.

• 1. Re: Publish size
          BearHNC Level 1

What are the dimensions of your site, (what resolution do you have both of your screen in?) Are you using a browser to view the site or flash player?

• 2. Re: Publish size
            kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP

you can publish for 100%x100% to open your app sized to the user's screen.  then you'll need to use a listener to detect window size changes but i'm not sure that makes any sense.

• 3. Re: Publish size
              heazle Level 1

It does, set the dimensions in the HTML publish settings to 100% by 100%

Do I only have to put the listener in the Home page?

I don't know what that code would like

• 4. Re: Publish size
                heazle Level 1

1100x680, my resolution is set at the default settings (whatever that

may be)

I am using a web browser to view the site.

• 5. Re: Publish size

in what way does it make sense to display your flash at full-browser when first viewed and then force the user to keep that size if they change their browser window?

• 6. Re: Publish size
                    heazle Level 1

there is a setting in the publish setting that sets the flash site at 100% of the screen size (no scale) no matter what the size, so you scale down your viewing window and the entire site scales down. The setting I have set is scale: exact fit. When you scale down your window the site stays the same size you just see less of it.

Mark Heazle

Hummel Architects PLLC

p: 208.343.7523  f: 208.343.0940

2785 Bogus Basin Road.  Boise, Idaho 83702

• 7. Re: Publish size

and what's the problem with letting users scale your swf by changing browser window size?

• 8. Re: Publish size
                        BearHNC Level 1

My boss just asked me to do a similar thing he wants our site to detect the browser size and dynamically scale to that. I get what you mean by adding an event listner, but like the other guy I am not sure of how the code should be stated, can you help me?

• 9. Re: Publish size

publish for 100%widthx100%height.

it doesn't make any sense to change that when the user resizes their browser window.