Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multifile find and replace in RH 8

Jul 16, 2009 Jul 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I opened and published a RH5 project in RH8, and want to change a word across several topics.

I cannot find the Multifile find and replace tool in RH 8.

I used the Find under Edit, but this caused RH 8 to go into a 'not responding' state (I gave it 10 minutes) and then RH closed with an GPF.

Has this functionality been removed?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Multi-file find and replace is still there in version 8. The developers simply removed it as an icon in the Toolbox and it lives on the Edit menu now. It's called Find and Replace in Files.

tmp1.png

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, yes--thanks! But it GPF'd...any idea if there's an incompatibility issue with TortiseSVN? (only found suggestion that Dreamweaver doesn't get along...but).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

Source Control... Ick!

Okay, I know that Source Control systems keep your working copies on the hard drive and they are usually flagged as Read-Only unless they are checked out. I'm wondering if this may be causing the freak out by MFS&R.

I suppose I might try first checking out ALL files from Source Control and see how it goes. Or you might wish to just pop Windows Explorer open and ensure all files are readable and writable. If the MFS&R doesn't freak on you then, there's your answer. But you wouldn't want to just run it and change things as that would defeat the Source Control system.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp