2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 30, 2009 10:40 AM by Ian_Beeby

i can't edit the page, because somebody else is logged in

cuz09

I recently had to purcahse a new contribute package and link it up to the same website that we update. However, the original person who used the existing contribute has now moved overseas, and it says at the top:

'You cant edit this page because XXXX is currently editing it. Please contact XXXX for assistance.

can anyone please advise on how to deal with this sittuation.

• 1. Re: i can't edit the page, because somebody else is logged in
          Kathy_OCNC Level 1

Locate that file/page on your web server and see if the same file name exists with a .LCK extension (if the message is displayed when you look at index.htm in Contribute, then look for index.lck).  The file with the .LCK extension is a lock file created by Contribute and you can delete it.  Does that get rid of the message?

• 2. Re: i can't edit the page, because somebody else is logged in
            Ian_Beeby

I had the same sort of problem but there was never anyone else entitled to edit the site - all that happened is that I upgraded from Contribute 3.11 to Contribute CS4 and since that time I cannot edit a previously edited page as the draft cannot be saved due to a lock file problem.

I have deleted the one and only .LCK file from my site - but it was for a different page anyway and of course made no difference.

I was administrator.  I am still administrator.

I suspect a silly conflict between residual Contribute 3.11 files and new CS4 files but of course the documentation assumes that everything is hunky dory and doesn't help much.

Any thoughts appreciated - any directories that I can just delete to start again without impacting my content?

Best Regards

Ian