4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 17, 2009 6:47 AM by KC29

Text at an angle

KC29 Level 3

Is there a better way (than the one I used) to create the effect shown on this attachment.

The only way I could get text in that angle is to treat each line as a separate item. I couldn't find a way to do a block of type and then turn it all at a suitable angle

PS I tried to use the "Insert image" feature instead of attachment, but it kept telling me that The content type of this image is not allowed

What exactly can you insert as an image?

• 1. Re: Text at an angle
          Jacob Bugge MVP & Adobe Community Professional

KC,

If I understand you in the right way, that you do have individual point type objects, and that you want each to rotate round its own centre, have you tried Object>Transform>Transform Each?

Concerning images, have you tried using the Camera icon?

• 2. Re: Text at an angle
            KC29 Level 3

Jacob Bugge wrote:

KC,

If I understand you in the right way, that you do have individual point type objects, and that you want each to rotate round its own centre, have you tried Object>Transform>Transform Each?

Having individual poiont type objects was the way I solved the problem (but thanks for pointing out "Transform Each" because I'd missed that option).

The problem I was trying to solve was if it is possible to put type at that angle if all the type was in one block, not separate items

Concerning images, have you tried using the Camera icon?

Yes, that was the icon which kept giving me the error message

• 3. Re: Text at an angle
              JETalmage Level 6

ClickDrag with the text tool to create an AreaType object.

Select it as a whole object (black pointer).

Use the Rotate Tool (not the bounding box transform handles) to rotate the AreaType object.

use the white pointer reshape the containing path by adjusting its AnchorPoints. (Turn on SmartGuides to make rectangular alignment easy.)

JET

• 4. Re: Text at an angle
                KC29 Level 3

JETalmage wrote:

ClickDrag with the text tool to create an AreaType object.

Select it as a whole object (black pointer).

Use the Rotate Tool (not the bounding box transform handles) to rotate the AreaType object.

use the white pointer reshape the containing path by adjusting its AnchorPoints. (Turn on SmartGuides to make rectangular alignment easy.)

JET

Thanks for that!

Exactly what I was looking for. And that has now also provided an answer for the same problem in Quark