1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 18, 2009 5:39 PM by Shongrunden

Which property acts like the vertical-/horizontalScrollPolicy in an spark-project?

--ak--

Hi there,

I could use these two properties for the halo components, but how can i control it in an spark project?

I want to control the document class, but i don´t find any property that show/hide both of the scrollers.

I also added a skinClass, with the consideration that i can use these properties from the skin-file.

but with no positiv result.

Any tips and hints?

• 1. Re: Which property acts like the vertical-/horizontalScrollPolicy in an spark-project?
          Shongrunden Adobe Employee

Hi ak,

Spark containers don't have a concept of verticalScrollPolicy/horizontalScrollPolicy like what existed in Halo.  Instead you can either wrapper a Scroller component around the spark container or hook up your own scroll bars by binding to the verticalScrollPosition/horizontalScrollPosition properties.

Here's an example of how to use a Scroller:

<s:Scroller width="100" height="100">
              <s:Group id="containerToScroll">
                  <s:Button width="200" height="200" label="test" />
              </s:Group>
          </s:Scroller>

Here's an example of binding to the verticalScrollPosition/horizontalScrollPosition properties:

<s:Group>

<s:Group 
                  id="containerToScroll" 
                  width="100" height="100" 
                  clipAndEnableScrolling="true"
                  verticalScrollPosition="{vsp.value}"
                  horizontalScrollPosition="{hsp.value}"
                  >

<s:Button width="200" height="200" label="test" />

<s:VScrollBar id="vsp" minimum="0" value="0" maximum="100" x="100" height="100" />
              <s:HScrollBar id="hsp" minimum="0" value="0" maximum="100" y="100" width="100" />

You can read more about how scrolling works in spark in this blog post.

1 person found this helpful